SpywareGuard starts on system startup and runs in the background to help protect you from spyware. To ensure that uninstallation is successful, the program asks you to shut down SpywareGuard before continuing with the uninstall wizard.
To shut down SpywareGuard:
- There should be a red "SG" icon in the system tray. Try double-clicking on it and then select the File>Exit menus
- If you can't find the red "SG" icon, try pressing the "expand" button in the system tray (the clock is in the system tray â€“ to the left of the clock the expand button will look like a left-pointing arrow with a circle around it)
- Worst case scenario- use CTRL-ALT-DELETE:
- Hold down the CTRL and ALT keys and at the same time hit the DELETE key once to open the Windows Task Manager
- Click on the "Processes" tab in the Windows Task Manager (you can sort the list alphabetically by clicking on the "Image Name" header)
- If you find any of the following programs, click on it and then on "End Process":
To uninstall SpywareGuard (once it is shut down):
- Open the Control Panel (click on START in the lower left corner of your screen, then on CONTROL PANEL)
- Open ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS
- Search for the SpywareGuard entry and select REMOVE - this should uninstall it
If you can close down SpywareGuard but the uninstaller is unable to do its job (perhaps due to previous incomplete uninstalls), you may need to download and install over-the-top of your old installation. This will give you a good copy of the uninstaller, and you should then be able to follow the steps above and uninstall completely.