For a clean uninstall of the SpywareBlaster program:
To shut down SpywareBlaster:
- Open SpywareBlaster and select "Disable All Protection"
- Close SpywareBlaster
- Close the AutoUpdate program, if open. To check, use CTRL-ATL-DELETE:
- Hold down the CTRL and ALT keys and at the same time hit the DELETE key once to open the Windows Task Manager
- Click on the "Processes" tab in the Windows Task Manager (you can sort the list alphabetically by clicking on the "Image Name" header)
- Look for a program called sbautoupdate.exe
- If you find sbautoupdate.exe, click on it and then on "End Process"
- If you also see a program called spywareblaster.exe, use "End Process" on it too
To uninstall SpywareBlaster (once it is shut down):
- Open the Control Panel (click on START in the lower left corner of your screen, then on CONTROL PANEL)
- Open ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS
- Search for the SpywareBlaster entry and select REMOVE - this should uninstall it
If you can close down SpywareBlaster but the uninstaller is unable to do its job (perhaps due to previous incomplete uninstalls), you may need to download and install SpywareBlaster over-the-top of your old installation. This will give you a good copy of the uninstaller, and you should then be able to follow the steps above and uninstall completely.